Wolves of Prostasia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Mandatory Discussion  EmptyNovember 21st 2020, 3:59 pm by Rain

» The Random Game
Mandatory Discussion  EmptyMarch 27th 2019, 1:10 pm by Rain

» 'Sup fellas!
Mandatory Discussion  EmptySeptember 21st 2018, 6:45 am by Rain

» Site and RP Update - Getting There!
Mandatory Discussion  EmptySeptember 11th 2018, 11:19 pm by Thunder-Paws

» Things to ________ Over
Mandatory Discussion  EmptyAugust 31st 2018, 12:01 am by Forest

» Embarrassing Moments and Failures in Life
Mandatory Discussion  EmptyAugust 27th 2018, 11:39 pm by Forest

» Biography Template
Mandatory Discussion  EmptyAugust 22nd 2018, 10:15 pm by Thunder-Paws

» Count to ___ Before the Alpha Posts
Mandatory Discussion  EmptyAugust 22nd 2018, 1:50 am by Forest

» Who Would It Be?
Mandatory Discussion  EmptyAugust 20th 2018, 8:54 pm by Forest

Top posting users this month
No user

What’s Going On?
The site will be done soon. I think. Idk man.
Word Count
Words Counted: 0

All role-play posts must contain a minimum of 100 words.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 62 on July 3rd 2019, 9:59 am
Statistics
We have 9 registered users
The newest registered user is Garnaal

Our users have posted a total of 1688 messages in 104 subjects
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Mandatory Discussion

5 posters

Go down

Mandatory Discussion  Empty Mandatory Discussion

Post by Thunder-Paws March 21st 2016, 7:10 pm

The following text contains a list of options concerning various topics that need addressing in the creation process of WOP. Read all options carefully, and pick your choices using the template found at the end of this post. Copy and paste your complete template as a response.

Some topics are not included, and will be discussed in accordance with the popular vote at a later date.

Site Appearance |

• Explain in your own terms. Be specific. No less than 50 word response.

Site Theme |

• The site should keep the same theme throughout.
• The site should change themes depending on time of year.
• The site should not have any specific theme.
• Add your own stance

Profanity |

• PG.
• PG-13.
• Add your own stance.

Membership |

• We should advertise and allow for new members to join.
• We should keep to ourselves, but allow registration via invitation.
• Add your own stance.

Moderation |

• Special positions should be reserved to whoever is most responsible at the time.
• All senior members should be rotated equally as administrator.
• Add your own stance.

Laws and Consequences |

• Rules and punishments should be more strict.
• Rules ad punishments should stay the same.
• Rules and punishments should be more lenient.
• Add your own stance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

World |

• I want Wolves of Prostasia to have a large, unique open world experience. Role-play should be based on the entirety of known wolf populations.
Explanation:
• I want Wolves of Prostasia to have a small, close knit world experience. Role-play should be based around the WOP pack and the WOP pack alone.
Explanation:
• Add your own stance.

History |

• I want Wolves of Prostasia to have a deep, detailed, and original backstory.
• I want Wolves of Prostasia to have a backstory, but not one too over the top and deep.
• I want Wolves of Prostasia to have no explanation to how and why we became.
• Add your own stance.

Cultural Influences | FOR AN OPEN WORLD |

• I want Prostasia wolves (including all packs, kingdoms, tribes, and clans), to have unique ways of living depending on their origin, such as language, art, music, diet, build, color, spirituality, etc.
• I want Prostasia wolves (including all packs, kingdoms, tribes, and clans), to have the same and or similar ways of life no matter where they are from.
• I want Prostasia wolves (including all packs, kingdoms, tribes, and clans), to have no rules when it comes to cultural influence (ex. a wolf could have a certain accent with no explanation).
• Add your own stance.

Realism vs Fantasy |

• Wolves of Prostasia should have more of a fantastical tone compared to previous incarnations.
• Wolves of Prostasia should have more of a realistic tone compared to previous incarnations.
• Add your own stance.
Explanation:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Role-Play Word Limit |

• <150
• <100
• <50
• None

Character Limit |

• No more than five *1 main min/3 main max, 0 sub min/4 sub max
• No more than three *1 main min/2 main max, 0 sub min/2 sub max
• No more than one  *1 main max
• None *unlimited
• Add your own stance
Main and Subs:

RP Areas |

• The new rp should be set in new areas
• The new rp should be set in the same areas as its previous incarnation *lycos forest
• The new rp should be set in the original rp areas *glenland forest

RP Continuity |

• How do you want rp to start out? Should it pick up where we left off? Reset the timeline? Alter ages? Alter events? Explain. No less than 50 words.

Kýklos |

• The Kýklos should be used as usable characters.
• The Kýklos should not be used as usable characters, but still be apart of WOP's lore.
• The Kýklos should be erased all together.

Animals |

• Intelligent animals should be used as usable characters.
• Intelligent animals should not be used as usable characters, but may be mentioned.
• Intelligent animals should not be encountered whatsoever.
Intelligent Definition:

Template:

Last edited by Thunder-Paws on August 22nd 2018, 10:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Thunder-Paws
Thunder-Paws
Lightning

Character(s)
Wolf: Thunder-Paws; Ashen; Blue-Lightning

Back to top Go down

Mandatory Discussion  Empty Re: Mandatory Discussion

Post by Forest March 21st 2016, 7:38 pm

Site Appearance |

• Hella rad

Idk man, whatever the theme is at the time is fine? xD

Site Theme |

• Add your own stance

Profanity |

• PG.
• PG-13.
• Add your own stance.

Membership |

• Add your own stance.

Moderation |

• Special positions should be reserved to whoever is most responsible at the time.
• Add your own stance.

Laws and Consequences |

• Add your own stance

World |

• I want Wolves of Prostasia to have a large, unique open world experience. Role-play should be based on the entirety of known wolf populations.
• I want Wolves of Prostasia to have a small, close knit world experience. Role-play should be based around the WOP pack and the WOP pack alone.
• Add your own stance.

History |

• I want Wolves of Prostasia to have a backstory, but not one too over the top and deep.
• Add your own stance.

Cultural Influences |

• I want Prostasia wolves (including all packs, kingdoms, tribes, and clans), to have unique ways of living depending on their origin, such as language, art, music, diet, build, color, spirituality, etc.
• I want Prostasia wolves (including all packs, kingdoms, tribes, and clans), to have the same and or similar ways of life no matter where they are from.
• I want Prostasia wolves (including all packs, kingdoms, tribes, and clans), to have no rules when it comes to cultural influence (ex. a wolf could have a certain accent with no explanation).
• Add your own stance.

Realism vs Fantasy |

• Wolves of Prostasia should have more of a fantastical tone compared to previous incarnations.
• Wolves of Prostasia should have more of a realistic tone compared to previous incarnations.
• Add your own stance.

Role-Play Word Limit |

• <150.
• <100.
• <50.
• None.

Character Limit |

• No more than three *1 main min/2 main max, 0 sub min/2 sub max.
• No more than one  *1 main max.
• None *unlimited.
• Add your own stance.

RP Areas |

• The new rp should be set in new areas.
• The new rp should be set in the same areas as its previous incarnation *lycos forest.
• The new rp should be set in the original rp areas *glenland forest.

RP Continuity |

• Wat

Kýklos |

• The Kýklos should be used as usable characters. (Maybe only for certain events?)
• The Kýklos should not be used as usable characters, but still be apart of WOP's lore.

Animals |

• Intelligent animals should be used as usable characters. (Again, maybe only for certain events?)
• Intelligent animals should not be used as usable characters, but may be mentioned.

Anything else you want to mention?

Nah m8. If you want an explanation on any of my choices y'all can ask, heu.

Last edited by Robin on October 19th 2016, 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sorry Foro the text is white and I COULDNT SEE WHAT YOU HIGHLIGHTED)
Forest
Forest
Earth

Character(s)
Wolf: Forest; Skylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder-Paws March 21st 2016, 7:39 pm

Site Appearance |

• I find dark and light colors equally pleasing on a forum IF they are used correctly. Analogous colors (colors next to each other on the color wheel) are my preferred type of color relationship, and colors lower in saturation are my preference over the bright, highly saturated ones. But with this color scheme, we would have to be careful the contrast is not to low.
My opinion might sound dull, but I would also want to change the scheme every month or two, which makes up for the blandness. pictures too would be switched up. I already have something in mind where each month honors a specific element. Sorta like a little celebration. Characters of the current element in use for the site will have certain "perks". Sun and Moon would each get two months respectively. For convenience, I will pre-make each theme in advance.
For fonts, legibility is a must. Cursive or curlier fonts may be used in banners or headers, but I want the main text to be clear, clean, and stylish.

Site Theme |

• Add your own stance

Profanity |

• PG.
• PG-13.
• Add your own stance.

Membership |

• I want to keep to ourselves in the beginning stages. If the site proves to be working out, I wouldn't mind getting new members.

Moderation |

• Add your own stance.

Laws and Consequences |

• Some rules need to be changed, but most I think are fine as they are now.

World |

• Add your own stance.

History |

• Add your own stance.

Cultural Influences |

• Add your own stance.

Realism vs Fantasy |

• Add your own stance.

Role-Play Word Limit |

• <150.
• <100.
• <50.
• None.

Character Limit |

• None *unlimited.
• Add your own stance.

RP Areas |

• The new rp should be set in the same areas as its previous incarnation *lycos forest.

RP Continuity |

• Honestly, I wouldn't mind creating an AU, a world where the "could-have-been" becomes reality. Ican explain in detail later, but would like to see what other people want in the new rp.

Kýklos |

Animals |

Type here (optional)

Last edited by Robin on October 19th 2016, 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : WHY IS EVERYTHING WHITE)
Thunder-Paws
Thunder-Paws
Lightning

Character(s)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain March 23rd 2016, 5:13 am

Site Appearance |

• Isn't this directly linked to the theme?
Anyway, it'd be cool if we somehow linked it to the pack from different views.

Site Theme |

• Add your own stance

Profanity |

• PG.
• PG-13.
• Add your own stance.

Membership |

• Add your own stance.

Moderation |

• The one above is nice, but it is important that we tell each other when we're not here, and so far that has worked, I guess

Laws and Consequences |

• On the few occasions where someone has done something wrong, we've mostly fixed it.

World |

• If the large open-world is to happen, we will have to either rely more on more characters, or just keep to our own pack. Otherwise these other wolves and packs must be controlled by us Administrators when some member goes out for some reason. (This needs more details)

History |

• Add your own stance.

Cultural Influences |

• Add your own stance.

Realism vs Fantasy |

[color:0ab4=blue• I enjoyed the old sites, where we had a good in-between thing. However, I wouldn't mind more fantasy. (To an extent.)
We should still have the realistic wolf patterns, etc.[/color]

Role-Play Word Limit |

• <150.
[coler=blue]• <100.
• <50.
• None.

Character Limit |

• None *unlimited.
• Too many characters may clog up the roleplay, leaving us relying on someone who can't keep control on them all.

RP Areas |

RP Continuity |

• I kind of agree with Thunder on this one. It gives us a possibility to create something completely new, but still kind of keeping us to the old LOTE as well.

Kýklos |

Animals |

Type here (optional)

Last edited by Robin on October 19th 2016, 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : EVERYTHING IS WHITE WHY WHO SCREWED IT UP)
Rain
Rain
Time

Character(s)
Wolf: Rain

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder-Paws March 23rd 2016, 3:16 pm

Thank ya'll for answering ~ I will wait for March to respond so we can continue on with the discussion.
Thunder-Paws
Thunder-Paws
Lightning

Character(s)

Back to top Go down

Post by March March 23rd 2016, 8:10 pm

I would do this but god damn I wanna rest.
Um.... cultural influences should be hella diverse, so first bullet for me. I'll go into more details later. Spring break is coming soon so I will.... not do this any time soon because I am a turd hole.
March
March
Lightning

Character(s)
Wolf: March; Pluto

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin April 28th 2016, 5:50 pm

Well, t&ere won't really be colour coding, but hopefully Math does it now.Phone typing isn't fun, but I'm sick and tired of not being able to rp. I bed this site, and I feel I should put my own two cents in at very least.

Out of the options, color-code the one you chose in white. If you are adding your own stance, type your opinion out next to the dot saying "add your own stance".

Site Appearance |

• I feel that blacks and blues look good, but so does a colour scheme like red and blue, red and gold, black ND white. On personal preference alone, shades of black to gray with clans I like best.

Site Theme |

• Add your own stance

I think the site should keep it's overall theme, but I think it can be changed in small areas, like the poster, during special occasions and seasons.

Profanity |

• PG.
• PG-13.
• Add your own stance.

PG-13. Duh.

Membership |

• Add your own stance.

I feel invitation registration would be best, maybe a qualification system? I know SaltJ expressed an interest.

Moderation |

• Add your own stance.

It should be able to rotate, but only to those available. Think of... Shifts. Mapping out a schedule would be best.

Laws and Consequences |

• Add your own stance

I think our previous rules worked quite well. The same.

World |

• Add your own stance.

I think it should focus on ourselves, but a few small other rps would be okay. I like the idea of open-world, in which rich cultures can be created, and I'll help create different cultures and such if I can.

History |

• Add your own stance.

A rich backstory is nice, but every little event doesn't need to be detailed.

Cultural Influences |

• Add your own stance.

Differences add diversity. As long as we, and I firmly believe all gathered here could, handle it, it should be fine. This is a new site, thus so, we shove open to changing as we go.

Realism vs Fantasy |

• Add your own stance.

FANTASY

Role-Play Word Limit |

• <150.
• <100.
• <50.
• None.

<100

Character Limit |

• None *unlimited.
• Add your own stance.

The first one, but with, if proven capable of continually rping all characters frequently, four Max. I'd like to t least have two main, as I'd like to be able to rp me bois. The same concept can be applied to two az, with three being a proven thug that can be handled.

RP Areas |

I think a mix of previous and original. Previous we had far too many, and not enough people to rp in all areas. Many topics were never touched.

RP Continuity |

• I'd like... A mix. It has to be characters used before, on either site. Ages can be altered, positions, basic appearance. There fore, it's like... A half reboot. Keep in mind, if you dear a character, it can't know everything it's adult form would've. Pups could be pre-integrated, or be found, based on what the writer wants. I can explain more over Skype.

Kýklos |

The second one.

Animals |

Uhm... Iv Personally never enjoyed playing foxes or such, but can see the appeal, so I'm going to go with... Completely separate rp. Like the Pokemon rp.

KEEP RP FUN SO IT STAYS ACTIVE

Also, I've never much liked the idea of a shop, or currency. In rp, culturally and world-wise it's good, but I'm talking the Zahne thingy

Last edited by Robin on October 19th 2016, 4:27 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : mien DOESNT EVEN HAVE ANYTHING WTF)
Robin
Robin
Lightning

Character(s)
Wolf: Jay's Wing; Jayfeather

Back to top Go down

Post by March April 28th 2016, 7:42 pm

Site Theme |

• Add your own stance

Profanity |

• PG.
• PG-13.
Freelo HEU

Membership |

• I want to keep to ourselves in the beginning stages. If the site proves to be working out, I wouldn't mind getting new members.

Moderation |

• Add your own stance.

Laws and Consequences |

• Some rules need to be changed, but most I think are fine as they are now.

World |

• Add your own stance.

History |

• Add your own stance.

Cultural Influences |

• I want Booty wolves (including all packs, kingdoms, tribes, and clans), to have unique ways of living depending on their origin, such as language, art, music, diet, build, color, spirituality, etc.
• Add your own stance.

Realism vs Fantasy |

• Add your own stance.

Role-Play Word Limit |

• <150.
• <100.
• <50.
• None.

Character Limit |

• No more than three *1 main min/2 main max, 0 sub min/2 sub max. Dude what
• None *unlimited.
• Add your own stance.

RP Areas |

RP Continuity |

• Needs more butts

Kýklos |

Animals |

So I made it. Foro, you know the deal ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
March
March
Lightning

Character(s)
Wolf: March; Pluto

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder-Paws April 28th 2016, 11:07 pm

Well... now that everyone has responded, I can see what is most appealing to the majority.

Site Appearance:

No one has followed by my 50 word minimum explanation of what they want the site to look like, so I have little to no clue as to how the general appearance should be. ٩(˘◡˘)۶

I suppose I should have been more specific. The site appearance is the "backbone". It is the structure and general way we lay out the forum. It includes things such as font, transparency, table sizes, the way things are displayed/layed out, etc...

Site Theme:

5/5 agreed on changing "themes" during different seasons or months.
---

What the themes will be CAN be further discussed, but I have things put in place already... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Profanity :

PG-13, as expected (¬‿¬)

Membership :

2/5 wished to advertise publicly
1/5 wished to restrict membership to invite
2/5 wished to advertise publicly after a stable community has been developed
---

Therefore, I think what we have going now is okay? The site isn't open to any outsiders yet, but will be once we get everything set up? And perhaps we can have stricter registration requirements, to even things out? You know... such as competent people...

Moderation:

2/5 for giving administrative power to the most privileged at the time

3/5 for equal shifts
----

Equal shifts it is then, but the candles who are responsible better be doing their job.~

Laws and Stuff:

5/5 agree that the way we handle guidelines should stay the same.

World:

4-5/5 agree on an open-world environment.
---

This will be further discussed to where we will decide what kind of world out wolves live in.

History:

3/5 want a deeper and original backstory to the world

2/5 want history, but nothing too deep or needless
---

Fortunately, these options only affect those who come up with them. Again, we will discuss this world-building further in detail, along with who would be interested to partake.

Cultural Influences:

5/5 agree on more cultural diversity
---

Same as above ^

Realism and Fantasy:

4/5 agree on allowing more fantastical tones

1/5 agrees on something a bit in between. ;-)
---

Same as above ^

Role-Play Word Limit:

100 words will be our limit

Character Limit:

Some mixed opinions on this one. Half and half are for the first and second option. For simplicity, I think it would be best to begin with the second option, perhaps extending it to the first if rp proves successful.  

RP Areas:

2/5 wish for new areas *I changed my opinion

1/5 wishes for the current areas

1/5 wishes for a mixed area of new and old

1/5 is undecided
---

This is a divided topic. With the responses we have now, rp will consist of new areas. However, we will have to our best to make each area desirable, or similar to the old ones.

RP Continuity:

Some answered and some did not. For those that did, a solution of a sort of... alternate timeline occurs? A "what-if" scenario, where things are the very similar to our old rp, yet not. Some changes are subtle, while others may have greater impacts. Basically, depending on the characters you choose to play, they may be rewritten if you so desire, in order to fit in with the new universe.

I don't think it is fair to disregard the three years we've spent rping our original characters. The old lote will always be the original timeline. Consider this new rp...hmm...well... if anyone here know how comic books work, its like that. A branched off reality

Kýklos:

The Kyklos shall be kept in rp, just not as playable characters. Special events may occur where they may be used, but none has yet to be made.

Animals:

2/5 for use of animals in rp

3/5 for non-use (but one for use in side-rp)
---

Around half and half for this one. To make things fair for those who wish to rp non-wolf characters, I like Robin's idea of side-rps. If that is okay. Changes may be made later as well, but this is what we have for now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep an eye on the site the next few days. I will (hopefully) start DOING THINGS with it
Thunder-Paws
Thunder-Paws
Lightning

Character(s)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin October 19th 2016, 4:31 am

Rain decided on staying in Lycos, so areas will be based on the Lycos areas I suppose.
Robin
Robin
Lightning

Character(s)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain July 11th 2018, 4:13 pm

^All of my wut? I forgot what this was about. Almost 2 years man
Rain
Rain
Time

Character(s)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin July 11th 2018, 4:38 pm

For the record- We may need to redo all this. I feel a lot of things have changed since we last held this poll, and we haven't done some of the things we said we would, such as changing the areas. Perhaps a discussion for a group call?
Robin
Robin
Lightning

Character(s)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain July 11th 2018, 4:45 pm

Yeah, maybe. We could make an easier poll system tho
Rain
Rain
Time

Character(s)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin July 12th 2018, 12:02 am

That would be nice. But I think the big topics are animals, moderation, and membership.
Robin
Robin
Lightning

Character(s)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum